Friday, March 20, 2009

First Friday Weigh-In

Diet Tip #4: Actually, it's your turn. I'm really struggling with what to eat for lunch...something nutritious, satisfying and easy to put together. I'm finding myself dreading lunch time because I don't know what to eat, and I can't eat salad for lunch everyday. Sometimes I wind up just snacking on little stuff and then have a hard time resisting temptations later in the day.



Any ideas? Recipes? You can leave them in the comments. Thanks!



Okay, having gone from a Sunday weigh-in to Friday weigh-in... follow the math: 5 days since my last weigh-in....



-1.5lbs. I'll take it!

3 comments:

  1. Good Stuff! I weighed in this morning too, unofficially...pre-morning rituals...down 1.6 so far so I'm excited for Saturday. Good job Bethy! Wooohoo!
    As for lunch...I usually have 3 slices of turkey, lettuce and a little mayo on wheat bread...sometimes I add a side salad to that...when I'm at home and have more choices I sometimes have grilled chicken. At this moment I am looking at what Weight Watchers recommends for lunch today. Funny. Today's lunch recommendation is a Wendy's Grilled Chicken Sandwich, a side salad with a tbsp of fat-free dressing (non-italian) and a medium pear. I wish I wasn't stuck at work for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a great recipe that makes four servings. Make it once, have it four times! I will post this one, but I have a bunch of great ideas to share - I'll have to give you an update on the ball field.
    This recipe is great for summer, too!

    American Turkey Goulash
    4 portions egg noodles (about 8 oz uncooked)
    1 onion, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, sliced
    1 zucchini, sliced
    4 portions lean ground turkey, (about 1 lb)
    2 cups tomato sauce
    2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
    2 Tbsp red wine (optional)

    Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over med-high heat, saute chopped onion for 2 min. Add bell pepper to the onion and saute for another 2 min. Add zucchini and saute for 2 more min. Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside. Add ground turkey to the skillet and saute until no longer pink, about 10 min. When ground turkey is done, return vegetables to the skillet. Add tomato sauce, basil and red wine (if desired). Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min or until heated through. Place a portion of egg noodles on each plate and top with a portion of turkey mixture.

    ReplyDelete