Thursday, April 2, 2009

Coming Soon.. to a theatre near me!

I just had to share my excitement about a play that is now in my area that I really, really want to see. I actually saw it, or something very similiar in London about 12 years ago and when I came back to the States I looked for it to come here for several years -then gave up figuring it must just be a British thing... But, last week I received an email for "ticket sales going on now" and what did I see? The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). Now, before you roll your eyes, or yawn, please know that this was not the Shakespeare that you had to sit through in Senior English class. I wish! It was the hilarious Cliff Notes of all of Shakespeare's plays put on by 3 people, and done in like 2 hours. Here is what the synopsis says on the website for the one in Philly:


The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) is the funniest show you are likely to see in your entire lifetime.
The authors of Complete Works “were heavily influenced by Monty Python, Bugs Bunny and of, course, Shakespeare. Coupled with a love for anarchy, you could say that this show is a marriage of chaos and Shakespeare. The audience is a huge part of the performance and is included throughout."
"Warning!: This show is a high-speed roller-coaster type condensation of all of Shakespeare’s plays, and is not recommended for people with heart ailments, bladder problems, inner-ear disorders and/or people inclined to motion sickness. We cannot be held responsible for expectant mothers.”
Dates: March 27 - May 10, 2009


Sounds like what I saw way back when. Anybody wanna go?

1 comment:

  1. This sounds pretty cool. What's the website?
    When are you doing your weigh-in, I am hoping that you did well this week so that you can offer me some tips.

    ReplyDelete