Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Famous Stuffed Artichoke


I have been questioned about the Easter tradition in my family of eating stuffed artichokes as a first course. I have to tell you that you haven't really tasted an artichoke until you've had them this way, and having them at our Easter dinner means that Spring has really arrived.
And there is a certain finesse in which they are eaten, as Noah will demonstrate to you now...

And the reason we shred all the creamy flesh off the underside of each leaf is to get a taste of the treasure which is uncovered when the tenderest of leaves in the center have been finished:

The stuffing... it's heavenly. Which makes Easter a perfect time to eat it.

Perhaps I can post the recipe for you, but I'll have to check with the creator of the recipe first - My Dad.

I did promise the recipe for this though:

My Baked Triple Veggie Cheese Dip. So, here it is:

1 can asparagus spears (1 lb. 3 oz) drained and chopped

1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

1 can (8.5 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

1 container (8 oz.) Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread

1/2 c. Mayonnaise

1 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients except 1/4c. of the cheese. Spoon into 2 qt. baking dish and sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Easy Peasy. Yum!

And this is another sign that Spring is here. I LOVE tulips. And this is the first picture I've taken with my new camera that I'm actually happy with. (this being because my photography skills are minimal, and my ability to read directions -nonexistant)

1 comment: