Friday, May 22, 2009

The View From Here

The moment I anticipate every August has finally arrived: The Return to the Beach House. The unofficial start of summer. Here is the view from my chair as I type:



Aahh... If only there wasn't so much to do in order to get here. But we are here now, and I am NOT complaining! I'm also not complaining about my weight loss this week.


-1.5 lbs. left behind. Yes, I did make sure I weighed in this morning. I didn't want to keep the masses (all 3 of you) waiting! And here is my second installment of Weight Loss Secrets:



1. Multi Grain Wasa Crackers. I love having one of these with a salad (as first introduced to me by Anne Marie - thanks, friend!) or as a snack with..


2. Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges - Garlic and Herb flavor. These are yummy on crackers and one wedge covers an entire Wasa Cracker (they are large) and is apparently only 1 point on Weight Watchers (which I guess is good?)


3. Not so much a product as a process. I have gotten into the habit of slicing up my veggies for salads and snacking when I get home from the store. This makes it much easier for me to put together a salad or eat a healthy snack when I'm hungry instead of reaching for junk. Actually, it has helped everyone in the family to eat healthier!


Now that I've shared my sage advice, I'm off to a cut throat game of Apples to Apples, Jr. It's the perfect "yep, it's summer" game.


1 comment:

  1. JEALOUS--of your 1.5lb weight loss and the fact that you're already at the beach...meanwhile I'm stuck in a cubicle...wishing I had some Wasa crackers and cheese...'cause that looks really good and the salad I had for lunch isn't cutting it right now.
    I am brining my scale with me so I can weigh in...hehe

    ReplyDelete