Saturday, March 6, 2010

Record Keeping

Because one of the purposes of my blog is to record family memories, my thoughts and our story, I have to mention here that Keith and I... well, ....we went on a cruise in February. I'm sorry I didn't mention it sooner. I don't know why I didn't. I guess there were other things I wanted to record first, and I guess I feel a tad guilty because I've been spoiled by travel this past year.

For the record, we didn't find Spring on the cruise. Well, I guess it would be considered "Spring weather" if it were here and we had the clothing options of our closet. But it was Mexico, and it was only about 60 degrees, and we had packed for weather 20 degrees warmer. We layered - a lot.


Having said that, we did have a very nice time.


This was sunrise on the first morning. The last morning of calm seas...

After this morning, I spent a day believing we may be on the Titanic.

Because of the rough seas, I didn't sleep much, so I saw every sunrise - however, I'm thankful I took pictures on the first morning, because it was overcast and raining on the following mornings.


Someday, I'm sure I'll laugh about it. Or not.


This is Keith and I getting ready for our dinner with the Captain.




Okay, so maybe I was completely ready before I let Keith take my picture.


For the record, it was a short cruise with just one stop in Cozumel, Mexico. Thankfully, we had a few hours of sunshine, although too cold for swimming. We shopped instead.



I really liked this statue in town, and wish it had been working. You may recall seeing another picture I took of it here.

Well, of course there is a food picture. We enjoyed a yummy lunch at Pancho's Backyard (recommended by the cruise staff - we didn't stray to far off the beaten path...) It met our need for Mexican cuisine. I was happy just to have fresh guacomole and margaritas while listening to Pancho and his daughter play music for us. It was nice of them to have us over.


For the record, I only had one margarita - and a sip of Keith's Pina Colada. Not that anyone is counting - except my Mom.
It was Carnivale while we were there. We weren't able to stay for the parade, but we saw them preparing for it.







We were on the cruise for Valentine's Day. The crew thought to "entertain" us. How sweet. THAT is the Captain dancing there in the front. And I wondered why the ship was rocking so much... hmmm....



Don't even ask what was happening here. Those crazy crew members....



And you may remember my appreciation for towel animals. Well, this little piggy stole my heart.



But for the record, I have no idea what our stateroom attendant was thinking here...



I will say it may have impacted his tip. Okay, maybe that's a poor choice of words. For the record -- I'm jumping overboard now.

No comments:

Post a Comment