Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not-so-mini Mii

Last year I had a goal to lose an undisclosed amount of weight by my 40th birthday, which is - this week. I was doing pretty well until December. I could tell you that it was because I ate all of those Christmas cookies (a few blog posts down) myself instead of sharing them with neighbors, but that isn't true. I did eat my fair share of those... however, the particular food item that sank my ship (or tightened my clothes) was a delicious dessert, that once I began eating could not stop. The recipe was given to me by dear Tamara after telling us this summer that her favorite dessert when home in Switzerland is this: Toblerone Mousse. So, as it is January, and so many are determined to lose weight AGAIN this year, I give you the recipe. Enjoy, and keep in mind that this dessert, while it may weigh you down, will make you feel as if you are ascending towards the heavens, light as air. Pure bliss...

Toblerone Mousse
Serves 6 generously (if you care to share)

Ingredients:
200 g. Toblerone Chocolate (2 triangular-tubed shaped boxes)
4 eggs, separated and whites whipped
1 cup cream, whipped

What to Do:
1. Melt the chocolate
2. Mix the egg yolks into the chocolate with the beater. Beat until smooth and thick.
3. Fold in whipped cream and blend well with the beater. Use a metal spoon to stir in the whipped egg whites til no foam is evident.
4. Spoon into dishes and chill. When set, top with a dollop of whipped cream and shavings of chocolate. ** I chose to put it in one big bowl and serve it at the table into individual cups, after it was chilled. More of an "all you can eat" approach - which have been the reason for my demise...

Here's a picture



Oops. Sorry, it was gone before I could get a shot. Pay no mind to the chocolate on my nose, please.

As for my Mii... well, we got the Wii Fit for Christmas. We set it up the other night, and well, my Mii, she's chubby. I'm going to have her workout when I finish here. Which is now, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment