Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Winter Shells and other late Christmas gifts

I woke up this morning and decided that we needed to visit the beach one last time for 2008. It didn't matter to me the temperature, or the wind chill, or the lack of initial support I received from my troops. My soul needed the smell of salt air, the sound of the waves and the creaminess of fresh fudge. Of course, I also needed postcards for a Girl Scout postcard exchange, and the kids have more energy than I have patience for, so that played into the decision as well. So grooving to the tunes of High School Musical, we made our way to the sandy shores about an hour away.

Emily decided that we needed to collect winter shells. Noah played a football game against - himself. I think he won. They spent about an hour on the playground right next to the beach, and then perfectly tired out and starving we headed to a pizza place for lunch. 'Cause you have to eat pizza when you're at the beach. Then we loaded up on free fudge samples (they were actually standing outside the shop, plate in hand offering vanilla nut or chocolate nut - they must have known we were coming!) and even bought a pound to bring home to Keith.



















And then to top it off, on the way home, we saw this...









Yes, that says $1.34 a gallon. We had to stop and get some even though I still had over 1/2 a tank. We certainly couldn't pass up that gift! I should have known that today was going to be such a great day because last night Keith did this:



Washed his first pot in 7 years! Good things come to those who wait. Please note, however, that all those other pots and pans on the counter there... they apparantly had my name on them. Wouldn't want him to over do it his first time at the sink. But I digress...Today was everything I needed it to be and more. Thank you, Lord, for creating such a perfect retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment