Monday, December 29, 2008

And so it goes...


My desire for a bit of quiet enjoyment of the season, and of each other's company, seemed to be once again thwarted by the overwhelming excitement that comes with the anticipation of Santa's arrival, and the gifts that may be received this Christmas. And I have to say, it was fun.
Noah and Emmy were actually struck speechless several times throughout the day (there is my moment of quiet) because they were so excited by their gifts.

It was a whirlwind of events and food over the course of 5 days, and I think I'll try a liquid diet for awhile now - well, at least until New Year's Eve...

Christmas Eve...



Making the fruit salad and pies, snapping peas and peeling potatoes at Mimi Turner's home at lunch time....

Then, it's off to deliver cookies to the neighbors and prepare for Christmas Eve dinner at our house


This year's menu:
appetizers: bruschetta, assorted cheeses and crackers
entrees: escarole soup, spicy tomato and bean soup
italian bread
wine, iced tea, water
dessert: christmas cookies
(same as last year - why mess with a good thing?)

Christmas Day..
Be woken up at 6:30am...
Take 30 minutes to undo all of my shopping and wrapping over the past month /year...
Go to Nana and Grandad's for afternoon gift-giving and feasting with aunts and uncles...
Go to Mimi and Poppy's for evening gift -giving and feasting with aunts, uncles, cousins and dogs...
Arrive home earlier (9:30pm) than usual this year because Noah has a fever of 101.5 :(



Keith didn't have towork on Friday!! and we enjoyed having a dinner party for dear friends on Saturday night, and we capped off the celebrations with a surprise 50th Anniversary Dinner for Mimi and Poppy at City Tavern on Sunday evening, followed by a late night birthday party for my sis-in-law, Cheryl!


And so now the quiet comes. Only for a few days, but it is here. I get to enjoy watching Noah and Emmy enjoy their new toys, show them their mom can still win a video game or two, and cherish each moment before I send them back to school next week.

I think I need a cookie...

No comments:

Post a Comment