Friday, December 19, 2008

Circuits, and Cards and Candy Canes, oh my!



Last night we enjoyed a quiet evening, which was unusual with all that still needs to be done before the 25th. But Keith got home at a normal hour and N & E weren't sock skating all over the kitchen for the first time in days. Noah broke out one of last year's Christmas gifts which
I haven't seen since about hmm... February and Emily set out to making her own Christmas cards - again. She's been making them since November and continues to "misplace" them.



So predictably like their right-brained/left-brained mom and dad, it's scary.





Today I got to go into Noah's class and read this book, do a craft (it's sitting on top of the book) and play a game (they did a candy cane relay). I love that the public school allowed for me to tell this story. The kids loved it, some adding wonderful comments like "and when you suck on the candy cane, and the red comes off, it's just like how Jesus washed away our sins." And they showered me with thank you cards that Noah brought home at the end of the day. I'm so glad he's not embarrassed by me -yet. I'm still a "cool mom". I just wonder who the mom was that let this kid out of the house this morning :
What's up with that hair, little man? Oh, who am I trying to kid, I could eat him up.








No comments:

Post a Comment