Monday, May 10, 2010

Soup's On!

A few weeks ago, Maria and I did the "DuPont Estate Tour" (as named by me). On Day 1, we visited Longwood Gardens, as I shared here. On Day 2, (one week later), we visited Winterthur, as I mentioned in my last post.

Winterthur is a musuem and "country estate" with both beautiful grounds and period furniture within the home...



Look at this WALLPAPER!!!







I just love soup tureens.





And as luck would have it, the museum was having a special display of soup tureens while we were there!
Here are a few of my favorites...


maybe a sweet, cold strawberry soup in this one?






Chicken and Wild Rice I'm thinkin'



How about creamy lemon artichoke soup for this one? oohh or lemon asparagus!! Both so springy!

Minestrone?




This one is different!




Frogmore Stew? (Actually, I don't even know what is in frogmore stew so scratch that)


These little individual soup tureens really had me:
Yes, I suppose I could eat soup out of rabbit -


But this?
I'm thinking Ham and Bean.



And this one?

I think I'll order out!

No comments:

Post a Comment