Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Celebrations


Happy February 2nd - No chance of the groundhog coming out of his den around here today... He is snowed in under our shed!   And I don't need to be a groundhog to tell ya' - it's gonna be at least another 6 weeks of winter 'round these here parts!

So how about a glimpse of how a typical January looked in my little world:

  










Around here, January seems to be as full of family fun and calories as November and December were.  Any and all weight loss resolutions must be postponed until after the Superbowl for us.   We kick off every New Year with a fabulous brunch at my sis-in-law's home,


and karaoke entertainment from my nephew!



Ya never know who is going to show up at these family events!


then it's my birthday, and then Emmy's birthday - which for some reason she seems to have three or four celebrations every January - not quite sure how that happens, but it does. 



skyping with the grand - snowbirds- who chose to celebrate January birthdays with us from snowless Florida



Happy Birthday to me...

And our home is filled with cakes, and pies, and cookies and candy - and then we'll turn around and it will be Valentine's Day!

This January we also took part in a surprise celebration for my dear friend that turned 40.  How awesome is this cake?!!




Yes you are my friend, yes you are!

That's the fabulous forty year old on the left!

And did I mention that just last week I received chocolates straight from someone in Italy???  I didn't?  Oh, well, I'll have to dedicate a separate post to that.  And I would be remiss if I didn't also remind you that this Saturday, February 5th,  is one of my favorite holidays - WORLD NUTELLA DAY!!!  I'm still working on what I'm making for this most wonderful holiday.  You should celebrate it, too.  If you do, let me know what you are making and what time I should be over to sample it....

1 comment:

  1. Yippie! What a fun month! Happy Birthday to you and mini you--seriously that picture of Em...looks like you. SCARY.

    I think I will celebrate World NUTELLA DAY as well. Sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete