Saturday, October 31, 2009

Where Did I go Wrong?



It seems like just yesterday, my boy's desire was to be his sister's Knight in shining armor, and she the fair maiden....





Or a brave pirate, showing chivalry to the fair maiden.... kind of, anyway...



Or a Ninja, rescuing the... fair maiden, of course..




Or even his future career, with a fair maiden cheering him on.




But not this year. Nope. This year he went in a slightly different direction...


Lord, help me. He wanted to be Ozzy Osbourne for Halloween. Now, mind you, not the Ozzy of my youth. Not the bat-head lovin', Jesus cursin' , crazy train-wreck psycho of years gone by. No, no, no.

The more subdued, very confused, hard to understand, Samsung commercial-making Ozzy Osbourne. 'Cause THAT makes it better.

Of course, I'm not sure how I'm feelin' about this either....

Next year, I think we are going to go away for Halloween. Maybe on a nice little church retreat somewhere in the Appalachian Mountains. But for right now, I'm going to get the bowl of Halloween candy and sit in the closet. A few Reese's products and many prayers and maybe I'll start feeling better...

6 comments:

  1. LOL!! So, did you paint their nails, or did you take them to get a manicure?!!

    Just eat your Reese's peanut butter cups and enjoy. When they're all grown up, you'll have your porch light turned off and be watching college football on Halloween night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,
    What awesome costumes....I know that they may not have been "kid-like" but boy, are they creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori - yes, I confess I performed the manicures, but my poor son received a lecture on how I only like rugged man hands for my men, with the occasional grease stain or dirt under the nail look going on, and that as soon as trick or treating was over, we were going to remove the black polish and lipstick before any candy reached his mouth. Poor boy. He thought it was just a SILLY costume...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! I forgot how little and cute they were only a few years ago...I have to say, he looks pretty funny in his Ozzy costume!!! Can't wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my all-time favorite memory-minded post thus far. What's really funny is that he really is a pretty good-looking Ozzy! Puts me in mind of The Mikes.....I'm sure that warms any mother's heart.
    At least he didn't ask for Michael Jackson; but there's always next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HY-STER-I-CAL!!!!!
    How did I miss that at the Haloween parade????

    ReplyDelete