Thursday, August 13, 2009

An Anniversary

On Sunday we celebrated the one year anniversary of saying goodbye to Tamara, by saying goodbye to her again...
But not before some reminiscing of the fun that was had a year ago...


And a few intense games of UNO - THE game of Tamara's visit last year!


After taking Tamara and Simone back to the bus depot, giving lots of hugs and prayers of seeing each other again soon, we high tailed it to our next big event:
The Ten Year Anniversary of CRABFEST...



A yearly event celebrated between my parents and siblings and family and the Izzo family from our neighborhood growing up. It should really just be called EatingFest, in which we also have a bushel of crabs.




Because by the time I get through all of these delicious first course items, like Mrs. Izzo's grilled veggies...





And my dad's famous mussel's marinara....


It becomes a very good thing that these little guys...




take a little while to eat.

Here is our newest Crabfest Member with her Papa.





This is Mike. He doesn't eat crabs, so he is forced to grill himself a steak. Tough break...




Keith and my sister, Annie didn't seem to have any trouble with the crabs.




Nor did my Emmy.


I would just like to point out that the only beer in this picture that Emmy touched was the Mug ROOTbeer. I would also like to point out that my family is now on a NO sodium diet - at least until our fingers return to normal size.

No comments:

Post a Comment